Sunday, November 3, 2013

My 15 Minutes of Sorta Fanart Fame!


Stare at the glory of my illustration skills! Do IT!



Ok, so a year or so ago I typed "Boy with the Bread" into Google because I am a HUGE "Hunger Games" fan, and Peeta is one amazing character ("Boy with the Bread" is his nickname). I was scrolling through the images...and WHAT THE HECK, I saw a fanart  I drew in 2011 on the bottom of the first page of Google Images. I counted and it was like 48th or something. Anywho, I thought that was super cool.

I forgot about it for a couple months, and when I typed it in again it was 23rd! I was so excited, I started checking more often. It was 14th for forever, and then BAM, number 6--JUST outside showing up in the top 5. It stayed there for months. I thought this was my proudest achievement EVER.

Then...I checked again a couple weeks ago. DeviantArt changed the way it was hosting the original image, so clicking it no longer went straight to the image. My picture moved down... and down... and down again...
.=-(
I was very sad.
What did I ever do to deserve this sadness?

I sighed and decided my little 15 minutes of "sorta fanart fame" were up (if I ever had any sorta fanart fame to begin with...I mean, only 1 person stole my image! The higher the volume of thieves, the more successful the artist, so yeah, I'm not famous yet. :-) ). I decided to move on with my life and just forget about it ever being in the top again.
Depths of despair pictured above.
But...

I have crazy OCD. I can't leave things alone. I used to do the whole light switch thing and everything. I even thought about taking all the clothes numbers off the doors in a dressing room to match them up with their appropriate numbers last week. HOW DARE you take 5 articles of clothes into the 3rd dressing room! What is wrong with you?! Anyway, yes, I am crazy, so I checked one last time and WHAT!?

Pictured: proudest moment of my life!

My illustration broke the top 5! It's number 3 right now, which means it shows up on Google results before you even click into images!!!!!!!!! I never thought anything of mine would make it anywhere near the top! I don't know how or why it got there, but I am so happy!
90% of gifs lazily obtained from same source.

WHO KNOWS! Maybe Suzanne Collins herself has seen my drawing! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End gloat!

I hope someday my writing will make it, and people will draw fanart of my characters!:-)


------Process!
GifTASTIC!

If you want to see the WIP, click this post! http://writingrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/08/still-boy-with-bread.html
If you noticed that Peeta's sword disappears (kinda like his other leg...I shouldn't draw attention to that...), congratulations! You win a prize! I forgot about it, but its ghost remains!!=-P

-----PLEASE vote for me!

If you want to vote for me to be Hunger Games' Fan of the Week, click here and give my drawing a "spark"! http://www.thehungergamesexplorer.com/competitions/onsite/Fan-Of-The-Week/hge/2648/

----- OWL GIVEAWAY!

If you want to enter my shop's Egglet owl giveaway, there are still a couple of weeks left to enter (commissions are always available too)! Go here!
http://writingrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/10/custom-eggletowl-giveaway.html



6 comments:

  1. That awesome!!! Congratulations Tana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you, Paula!!! I hope it stays in the top!

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I so wish I could draw/paint/make art. I would love to do a graphic novel of one of my books but I'm one of those people who can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Somehow mine always come out crooked. Anyway, CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to do a graphic novel too!!! I just don't have enough time to focus on drawing. There is so much more I need to learn!
      I can't draw a straight line with a ruler either, so you never know, you could be an AMAZING artist!!!:-D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Tana!!! That's so cool :)
    Best of luck with the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Kim!!
      Best of to you in Baker's Dozen!:-D

      Delete